A VERY very... late birthday present for my long lost friend, Michelle. ;) Who put up with my disappearing ass for many years.



This was a very different and experimental painting for me. I asked her to provide me with a keyword, and from that I tried to paint without over-thinking the subject too much, outside of the overall composition. I just started letting the lines and colors form and tell me where they needed to go. It was a very free-form process which was totally enlightening and different for me (I'm a control freak). I also experimented with Alchemy for the first time to give me a lot of the shapes for the composition, which took me out of my comfort zone quite a bit. The result is somewhat abstract, but has a story.

Overall I like the results, it's very different from my normal works, but I'm not sure I would go COMPLETELY free-form again. Maybe a mix? I could afford to lighten up a bit, it would make my drawings more lively, but I get flustered and uncomfortable when I don't know exactly how the piece is going to come together.

But regardless! Hope she likes the result anyway. <3